Applying for your Australian Travel Visa for the ICC Cricket World Cup 2020

The Australian government requires that you have an Australian visa to enter the country, unless you are an Australian passport holder or qualifying New Zealand passport holder. For example, if you are travelling to Australia on holiday you will need a tourist visa.

Check out types of Australian visas

By clicking on the link above you can see the Australian government’s home affairs website where you can state the purpose of your visit, what country your passport is from and how long you will be staying for. It will then suggest the visa you will need.

Electronic Travel Authority

The Electronic Travel Authority (or ETA) is the name given to the most commonly used Australian tourist visa which allows you to stay in Australia for up to 3 months on arrival within 12 months from the date the visa was granted.

If your country is listed on the electronic tourist visa eligible passport list then you can apply online. In most cases, ETA travel visas are issued instantly.

Processing times on ETA visa’s may be extended if:

  • You have submitted incorrect information in your application
  • You have criminal convictions
  • Your application is referred to the Australian High Commission

Australian e600—Visitor Visa (subclass 600)

The Australian e600 visitor visa (subclass 600) is designed for people who are not on the ETA eligible country list.

This visitor visa differs from the ETA in that it is not instantly processed, but it is available to a wider selection of countries. It usually takes approximately 20 days to be processed from the date that it is applied for. However, additional documentation may be required to complete your application which could delay the process.

The eligible countries for the e600 visitor visa (subclass 600) can be seen here